The right suppliers make the planning simple
Morgan & Jordan 28.09.18
Morgan and Jordan chose Maison La Plage at Noosa as their ceremony venue and The Surf Club Mooloolaba as their reception venue to give guests the vast choice of accommodation that The Sunshine Coast has to offer. “We chose the Mooloolaba Surf Club as the venue for our reception because of the location and the incredible views. We wanted a wedding by the beach and having our reception at the Surf Club allowed this to happen.”– Morgan and Jordan.
Morgan and Jordan were photographed by Images by Lou Obrien, filmed by Jensen & Young and married by Celebrant Suzanne Riley. Along with wedding cake by Cake Designs , Splash Events for their ceremony styling and Flax Flower for their floral arrangements.
“I cannot fault any of our suppliers, no word of a lie! The whole process of planning our wedding, from choosing a venue right up until the actual day was made so easy because I believe we chose the best of the best in terms of wedding suppliers. Each one of them were so professional and efficient and truly cared about our wedding as if we were someone from their own family. Each supplier carefully listened to our vision and worked alongside both Jordan and I to turn it into a reality. They were all so knowledgeable in their chosen area and would always willingly offer tips and advice for things that Jord and I hadn’t even thought of. Each of these suppliers will truly invest their whole heart into your wedding and genuinely just want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I also cannot fault the Mooloolaba Surf Club and the team that helped to organise our day. From our first email to securing the date right up until after the wedding, Bianca was a dream to work with. She was always available and answered what felt like a trillion questions all in a calm, positive and reassuring way. She was extremely professional and always went out of her way to ensure that Jordan and I were happy with everything and that things were perfect!” – Morgan
Morgan’s Top Tips:
- Dress in what you feel comfortable in – from your dress to your shoes and your hair and make-up
- Ask your Fiancée if there is anything that they want a say in and let them add their personal touch to the day (within reason haha!). Jordan is a big foodie and music lover; therefore, he was heavily involved in choosing the menu and bar selection and the band. He even chose the song that I walked down the aisle to!
- Have someone to bounce ideas off, it is even more useful when it is someone who has had to plan a wedding before. You can never underestimate experience. My go to person was my Mum. She also helped with all the styling and design. She was incredible!!
- Ask your suppliers questions – they have planned a lot of weddings and are incredibly resourceful! They are there to help you and are so, so happy to go the extra mile for you
- Book an engagement shoot with your photographer – this was one of the best things Jordan and I did as it allowed us to meet our photographer in more relaxed environment and build a relationship with them so everything was more natural and comfortable on the day. It also helps you get used to having pose in front of a camera!
- Do your research – know what colour scheme/theme etc. that you want before meeting with suppliers. Pictures of your inspiration are also a great thing to bring along to any meetings.